Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Great Date!! Maybe not!!

Last week I was set up with a girl.

Surprisingly, it was a great date. One of the best first dates I've ever been on. She was sweet, smart, funny, frum, and attractive.

We had a great time (in a completely shomer negia type way, of course).

When we went our separate ways, I wanted to ask her out again, but since we are supposedly frum, I figured it was best to go through the shadchan.

The next day, I called the shadchan and advised her that I had a wonderful time and that I'd like to go out again.

She called me back a few days later and informed me that the girl thought I was very nice, very funny, and very very intelligent. I guess I'm an even better actor!!

But she did not want to go out with me anymore.

I was surprised about that too, since we both legitimately had a great time.

But as a consolation prize, she told the shadchan that she might have a friend that would be perfect for me.

But I'm not sure if that's just something people say to assuage their own guilt about not wanting to go out again.

A rabbi of mine once told me that I date wrong. I assume that the girl I go out with is not for me until she proves me wrong.

I should date thinking that a girl is for me...until she proves me wrong.

I think that's a good lesson for many people.

Any thoughts from internet-land??

No comments:

Post a Comment