Sunday, July 18, 2010

Right or Wrong???

Throughout my travels online, I have lived by one major rule.

IF IT SEEMS FISHY, IT USUALLY IS!

If I'm talking to someone and it seems off or just not in the realm of believability, then I stop talking to them immediately.

This rule has served me well and almost every single time I have used it, I found that I was correct. Something just didn't add up.

Until this past week.

Over the course of the last 5 years I have talked with this girl on and off. She would come online every few months and we would talk. She is kinky like me and she's fun.

But, I had never seen her on webcam or heard her voice over the phone. After a while, I stop talking to these people for fear that they are guys who are just looking to get off.

I must admit that I thought about "her" that way too. But, there was something about her. A sincerity, a certain kindness.

So, I decided to give her a chance. I figured if she is a guy then he's laughing at me, but I'm not doing anything sexual, so who cares. I just enjoyed her company.

A few years ago, this girl got married and went offline for awhile.

A few months ago, she appeared online and we reconnected. I started asking her to go on mic or cam and she refused. I was sure she was a guy.

I was torn up. All I wanted was a 5 second webcam turn-on. just to verify.

She showed me picture of her and her family and even her naked.

At that point, I smelled something fishy.

It isn't logical for a girl to send me a naked picture of herself and not show me her face on webcam for a second.

From her perspective, she said going on cam or mic makes what she is doing more "real" and she already felt guilty enough, and she didn't want to go down the slippery slope.

I said that I understood completely, but I cannot continue to talk with someone who I suspect to be other than what she claims.

I really do care about her, but I couldn't continue.

She cares about me too.

Which is why, in a last ditch effort, she went on her mic for me and said 5 words to me.

A girl's voice!!! phew!!

Now I have menuchas hanefesh and we can progress if she wants.

I know it was an internal struggle for her, but I so appreciate her trusting me.

I still don't know if she is the girl that she showed me pictures of, but I don't care.

I like HER, not only her look.

As long as she is a real girl, I'm happy.

So, maybe my one rule isn't so infallible after all

No comments:

Post a Comment