Thursday, January 21, 2010

To Surf or Not to Surf, That is the Question!!

My next post was going to be about the destructive nature of the internet. An old friend of mine wrote something that she wanted to post and it turned out to be exactly what I wanted to talk about. So, I am going to post it and hope that she will become a frequent guest contributor. For our purposes, let's call her Cherry (not her real name at all, obviously). She was my first serious online relationship. Although i never met her in person, I fell in love with her. But she got married and I couldn't be happier for her. She will be the subject of a posting in the near future. So, without further ado, Cherry's very first contribution to my blog.

"The light of the computer beckons me from the other room..calling to me in a voice louder than an actual scream...I walk as if in a daze,log in and lose myself to a different world. A world where I can be who /what I want to be...or better yet,what they want me to be.Chatting nightly,reinventing myself, trying on different personas till I can barely distinguish between daytime me and the me of the black, starry night. I'd lose myself in the sensual pleasures of what I was seeing,hearing,typing. The sound of furious typing,tap-tap-tap.Tap-tap-tap. Panting, touching,stretching,tap-tap-tap,moaning,rubbing,gyrating.tap-tap-tap. A muffled cry and its all over. Slinking back to bed at 4 am...feeling dirty,used,unhappy"

No comments:

Post a Comment